The manufacturer of the MXZ Saw is certainly lucky there's a sucker born every minute, because anyone who does a little research will see that the ad execs are a whole lot sharper than the saw itself. Perhaps more than any other "as seen on tv" product I've come across, reviewers overwhelmingly agree that the MXZ Saw doesn't cut the mustard.The infomercial for the MXZ Pocket Saw dazzles and amazes viewers. The carbide blade can cut nearly anything, never needs sharpening, and will never dull or break. The ad shows the MXZ saw easily slicing through drywall, wood, aluminum, steel, glass, brick, and tile.
The ad appeals to gift buyers, many of whom think the MXZ Saw would make a great stocking stuffer. That's how I ended up with mine, and when I first received it last Christmas, I was psyched to try it. A few hours later, my futile attempts to successfully slice through something ... anything ... became a running gag in my household.
Putting it to the Test
We tried the MXZ Pocket Saw on a plastic soda bottle, an old piece of tupperware, an empty tuna can, a scrap of wood, and a cardboard box. The only item we were able to cut through was the cardboard box, and it took 10 times as long as it would've taken us if we had used scissors.
The Verdict
Most Amazon.com
"It is like a butter knife more than a saw, " was another description I found accurate. Though I wouldn't recommend it, one reviewer even suggested the MXZ saw is so dull it would be safe as a children's toy.
A reviewer at InfomercialRatings.com posted my favorite comment: "This product does not even cut the plastic packaging in which it was sold." It's true - I tried!
One final warning (as if you needed one). Although this product comes with a money back guarantee, people have reported significant trouble in getting the makers of the MXZ saw to honor it. Buyer beware!
No comments:
Post a Comment